Sunday, January 15, 2023

Should I tell my story? Here is a bit

I am a person who has faced and continues to face many challenges in my life, but I never let them defeat me. Approximately 10 years ago, I was diagnosed with a metabolic bone disorder, which has caused 11 compression fractures in my spine. This disorder has greatly impacted my life, but I have never let it hold me back. I have always been determined to live a full and meaningful life despite my physical limitations. More recently, I underwent cancer surgery, but my determination and positive attitude remain unchanged.

An interesting fact about me is that in 1993, I was struck by lightning while visiting Disney World. It was definitely not part of the plan but it ended up being a funny story. Despite this event, I have never let it defeat me and it has become one of the many obstacles that I have overcome.

I like to think I am a kind and caring person who always puts others before myself. I have a contagious smile and a positive attitude that inspires those around me. I always tell folks I am "just happy to be here". I am known for my unwavering determination and resilience in the face of adversity. I am someone who always looks for the silver lining in any situation and that has helped me to maintain a positive attitude throughout my life.

Despite my physical challenges, my passion for life is evident in everything I do. I have a strong interest in reading and enjoy immersing myself in different worlds and perspectives. Reading has been my escape from reality and it has helped me to gain a new perspective on life. It has also given me the opportunity to learn new things and expand my knowledge. I also love spending time with my family and friends and cherish the memories made with them. They have been my rock and have been by my side throughout my journey.

My recent cancer surgery was a setback, but I still continue to fight and overcome my challenges. I am an inspiration to those who know me and my legacy continues to live on through my determination and positive attitude. I have been through a lot, but I have never given up and that is something that I am proud of.

Now, some ten years later, I am reviving my blog as a journey of updates on stories and events. I have many hurdles yet to conquer and I want to share my journey with others, in the hope to inspire them to never give up on their own dreams and aspirations. My blog will be a place where I can share my experiences and where others can relate to my struggles and triumphs.

My blog will be a journey of progress and not perfection. I believe that sharing my journey, will help others to see that despite the obstacles that come our way, it is possible to overcome them.

I hope that my blog will be a source of inspiration and encouragement to those who are going through similar struggles. My journey is not over yet, I still have many hurdles to conquer, but I am determined to never give up.

As with everyone, the pandemic has drastically changed my life. The isolation has been awful for me as for many others. Where we go from here is up to us all...

I guess i will leave it there for now and add more in future posts...cheers

No comments: