Thursday, January 26, 2006

Egyptian 20th Dynasty 1205 -1100 B.C.

Civilizations existed in entire regions of the world long before the birth of Christ, which symbolizes our modern Calendar. I am currently studying the worlds civilization that are of note since time began. Or, at least, when man began recording time. Occasionally there are items of interest, not academic, that grab my attention. In the 20th dynasty of Egyptian civilization when artist poetry began, there was recorded the following which grabbed my attention...

The love of my beloved leaps on the bank of the stream.
A crocodile lies in the shadows;
Yet I go down into the water, and breast the wave.
My courage is high on the stream,
And the water is as land to my feet.
It is her love that makes me strong.
She is a book of spells to me.
When I behold my beloved coming my heart is glad,
My arms are spread apart to embrace her;
My heart rejoices forever...since my beloved came.
When I embrace her I am as one who is in Incense Land,
As one who carries perfumes,
And I am made merry without beer.
Would that I were her Negress slave who is in attendance on her;
So should I behold the hue of all her limbs.


It is intriguing that over 3000 years ago, the thought process of this civilization with war all around, evolving intelligences, that they still found time to express themselves as such.

No comments: