Thursday, January 26, 2006

Thoughts of Closeness

Thinking does many things to a person. I don't mean academics but thoughts of purpose. Of what we are here for, what we hope for, what we endeavour to have. I struggled a bit with this one, but wrote what I thought how it came with, naturally, a poetic attempt. Its about being close to someone. I haven't a poetic title to give it. It just seems that it is might not be what most people think, when they think at all about what ultimately is important. I hope it makes sense...

True closeness does not originate from decreasing distance.
True closeness does not demand to see and touch one another.
Somebody can be right next to you and yet be not close to you at all.
Just as somebody far away still can be so close to you.
The opposite of loneliness is not togetherness but intimacy.
Real closeness is closeness between two hearts.
Yet real closeness cuts both ways.
At no time you are as vulnerable as you are when loving somebody.
Nobody could betray you the way your best friend could.
Nobody could ever hurt you as much as the people closest to you.

True closeness knows nothing about barriers and armors.
True closeness knows nothing about secrets.
True closeness reveals all weaknesses, exposes all sore points, total access to heart and soul.


In a way defenseless, at the mercy of the people you love.
True friends however recognize and protect your weaknesses.
Their closeness to your heart is the shield to protect you,
Their knowledge about your sore points is the sword to fight for you.
Heart to Heart
Back to Back protecting one another
twice as strong together and being close forever...

This is what I feel everyday. I am not a sentimental person in most aspects of my life. But I am practical. This covers both aspects I think.

No comments: